Monday, September 13, 2010

Dracopedia Sketchbook #002

Foreshortening dragons is always difficult. This is a sketch started as just a head study, and kept getting bigger and bigger....I've included a detail so you can see all the pencil rendering, I love pencil rendering so I won't paint this one.

Enjoy!

WOC














"Great Icelandic Dragon" (#004)
12"x16 Pencil on Paper















(#004-detail)



To view a selection from the book or purchase Dracopedia visit:
Amazon.com/Dracopedia


©2010William O'Connor/William O'Connor Studios/Dracopedia:A Guide to Drawing the Dragons of the World/The Dracopedia Project. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. Your pencil work is great, I think I'll just have to buy this book.

    You should make one with your characters too, they're incredible.

    ReplyDelete